Wednesday, April 7, 2010

LOVE OF MY LIFE

My mother is a poem
I'll never be able to write
though everything I write
is a poem to my mother

She is the truest friend I have
when trials heavy and sudden,fall upon me
when adversity takes the place of prosperity
when friends who rejoice with me in my sunshine desert me
when trouble thickens around me, still will she cling to me,
and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness
and cause peace to return to my heart.

My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being.
 I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.
Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds
Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, comrades and friends - but only one mother in the whole world.

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
That is why she will always be the love of my life.


0 comments:

Post a Comment